Eternal Kingdom - Land of Endless Tales
** EternalKingdom is in the process of a huge revamp. Please be patient as I take the time to perfect things. - InnerSolace

Welcome to EternalKingdom. Hopefully you are here because you're seeking a new place to role-play.

Put your imagination to the test; register and help make a better role-play community. It's time for us to let our creativity run free. There is no limit to the stories and possible memories that you can create with us.

A site for role-players from all around. Role-play to your heart's content or compete in fierce battles with others. Let your imagination run wild as you create your own role-play or join something on-going. Welcome to EternalKingdom, and enjoy your stay.

HomePortalCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
If you are new to role-play and would like to get into it, click here for a guide.
Be sure to refer EternalKingdom to your friends so we can get more role-play action going on. Please have a good day.
Click here to Like us on Facebook so you can get updates as soon as they're announced.

Share | 

Updates - [5/18/11]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hal™
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Updates - [5/18/11]   Wed May 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Hello everyone. I wanted to make a brief post on some of the technical updates that I have been working on for Eternal Kingdom. These and future updates from me do not count towards anything aesthetically, as that is a mutual agreement among the staff.

Security Protocol: If anyone recalls what occurred on Nomad's Haven, then you understand the reasoning behind this. To prevent the domain from closing due to reports or by the doing of a malicious attacker, this system has been implemented to purge and correct those mistakes. I won't go into too much detail as it is meant for the owner and staff (if necessary), but some of these components include:

- Modified "master reset" that retains all posts made, unlike the default administration option
- Faster ban protocol (instead of thumbing through several tabs)
- ChatBox optimization (tighter control for chat management); although it is still in its testing phase

There are other components I am still working on which will take a bit of time, but once they're done, it'll make site management a lot more accessible (this includes the moderator staff as well.) Simplifying the existing system is the goal here after-all.

On a side note, I do consider myself a "background" person, which is why you don't see me in the ChatBox even though I'm online.

If there are any questions, comments or concerns, PM me.

— Alcarius Halcyon
co-administrator

Updates - [5/18/11]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1